Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

BLS Is tired of the BS
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
I worked for more than 50 years before retiring. I saved and invested wisely, but my hubby and I are an illness away from income insecurity. We both work part-time for extra income to supplement Social Security. We are holding our retirement savings for (just in case) issues.

This sucks!
08:09 AM - Mar 28, 2024
PS Annie
A
I feel this post in my bones. The fatigue of grief from losing those parents and other family members does not help either.
It makes me want to sleep for a year.
12:31 AM - Mar 28, 2024
Joe Wiegert
A
I feel your "tired" in my bones, and I feel you. I see you. I hear you. Thank YOU for putting voice to these feelings that I am certain so many are feeling. I wish you and your family the best of times that are to come. Good luck, and stay strong!! 💚
07:28 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Lisa Kander
A
Thank you for speaking this truth. I and many of my agemates are negotiating this difficult ageism.
02:57 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
BTW- moved out of Seattle to a more affordable area and it took a year to get a job at 64. Corporate knows older professionals don't grovel easily. I ended up doing repairs the guy I knew couldn't at the store I came down to work for as we helped a hifi repair kid catch up with his jobs.
01:06 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Susan L
A
I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. Thank you for sharing. It makes me feel less crazy, like it's not just us. I feel like we did everything right but it's not working. And we're so damn tired. I feel like we're not going to make it sometimes. Retirement just keeps feeling more and more impossible.
12:52 PM - Mar 27, 2024

Joe JustUs
A
My father had to retire overseas
and I may have to do the same thing to survive.

I look forward to rent controlled senior living in a country with good medical care.

If that’s attainable.
12:15 PM - Mar 27, 2024

HereWe GoAgain
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
I looked into that … where did he go?
12:39 PM - Mar 27, 2024
Suzanne Dillon
A
I was laid off in 08. At one job fair, a recruiter told me I wasn’t going to get hired anywhere because I was too old🤬
In 2010 a former employer found out I was available and offered me a position at less money than I’d been making but great healthcare. I was lucky to get it.
11:57 AM - Mar 27, 2024
HereWe GoAgain
A
In response to Suzanne Dillon.
😡 i was laid off in ‘08 and same vibe. I was hired back as well in 2015 at my old job. Company had been bought out and this comp soooo much better. I lucked out. I’m hanging on as long as i can.
12:48 PM - Mar 27, 2024

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
Same here. My medical bills from COVID will prolly never be paid off. The hubs is 55, and we don't, and will never be able to, own even a small shack. Retirement is NOT attainable for most of us.
11:22 AM - Mar 27, 2024
Josol
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
I so worry we will have enough money. My parents did well but sickness as they aged took a massive financial toll. After seeing that I am nervous we will never have enough saved to cover it. Will I ever be able to retire??😞
03:31 PM - Mar 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}