Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
People making accusations should look in the mirror. This was supposed to be a safe space for ALL of us. Xenophobia and ageism are as real and painful as racism and ALL of them are wrong!
11:53 AM - Mar 28, 2024
Char
A
In response to Haruka (RELOCATED).
It's still wild to see people talking about Canadians in this context because, as a whole, we are generally liked and have a good reputation in the international community. Honestly, this place is the first time in my life I've seen anti-Canadian sentiment & it's so strange!
12:07 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Drea
A
I just don't get the blanket statements that say 40.7 Million people in a country all act exactly the same way. We aren't a cult, we are a group of diverse people with differing opinions. Sometimes they align, sometimes they don't. If you don't talk to me, how do you know?
In response to Char.
02:04 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Char
A
In response to Drea.
Also, when did we get to 40.7 million?! I've been sleeping on that. I'm still thinking we are around 38 mil.
02:15 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Drea
A
In response to Char.
January 2024. It's the latest.
02:23 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Char
A
In response to Drea.
Yes, exactly! There are at least two different types of people in each country 😉

Joking aside, people often apply all or nothing thinking and brains want to categorize things, so you end up with a monolith if you're not careful.

It's narrow-minded.
02:15 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Drea
A
In response to Char.
You don't have to agree with every opinion, and if I don't, I can skate on by or agree to disagree.

One of my good friends is a right wing (not MAGA) Republican. (and a lawyer 😱/jk 😂) If I painted him as 'the same', I'd miss out on great conversations, even when we disagree.
02:21 PM - Mar 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}