Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/7
I just responded to a Black mutual on Facebook that I absolutely do not believe Shonda Rhimes doesn't want to write a Black man amd Black woman loving each other. It's not her fantasy and whatever story she's telling is her fantasy, not what other Black women may project onto her.
09:26 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/7
She has no problem writing Black men because she wrote Preston and Cristina beautifully, despite how it ended. Also, I'm not sure she was still the head writer at the time but Bailey and Ben were great, and are still together. Shonda is a Black girl from Dartmouth.
09:28 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/7
And a Black writer girl at that. She likes her men tall, white, intelligent/brilliant, and complete aloof. She is absolutely the chaser and not the chased. That's why it's so easy for her, and likely cathartic, to wrote a hot white man literally obsessed with a Black woman.
09:30 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/7
Now this is just my opinion, ion know Shonda but I can tell you that I like her and I think she writes fantastic stories and compelling characters, even if we don't always like them. But I don't believe her thing for white men is any kind of indictment on Black men from her point of view.
09:32 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/7
Just like Black men that marry white or other non-Black women are not an indictment on us. Everyone has their standard, their type, their fantasy, their relationship goal. Shonda is a famous Black woman with networks throwing money at her to create.
09:34 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/7
Some Black women might feel betrayed that she's not telling their story, their standard, their fantasy, their relationship goals. But that's not on Shonda, that's on them. Instead of condemning Shonda Rhimes, condemn a system that doesn't let other Black female drama writers in.
09:36 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 7/7
Again, just my opinion. I love my sisters and always want them to express themselves. I just have to do the same. It's totally OK we won't always agree, but we need to understand that "Black people aren't a monolith" includes shit we might not like or agree with.
09:37 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Exactly this. Too many Black people are obsessed with using interracial relationships/dating preferences as a weird gotcha. It's one think to be someone like Candice Owens. But Shonda writes about what she wants. Plus, the Black male characters on her show are always complex & well written.
09:41 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Young Lesbian Dre.
Exactly. She's never had well developed white characters and one-dimensional Black characters. She just like writing interracial relationships, and hot white guys lusting after hot Black women. Let her live.
10:07 PM - Mar 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}