Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Hell yeah, so many action and detective shows had the 2 part quicksand episode. Artax sank in the Swamps of Sadness. FFS.
Samantha Kemp-Jackson @Samkj27
As a Gen X kid in the 70s, I was PETRIFIED of stepping into quicksand and slowly sinking into my demise. Quicksand was an existential threat back then.

Remember?
#GenX #70s #Society #Culture
04:38 PM - Mar 28, 2024
04:53 PM - Mar 28, 2024
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Montiese, I'm sorry, but it is still TOO SOON for that gif.
I'm going to go cry now...
08:41 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
My bad. It was a tough scene to sit through. And way too many of us saw it at like 7 or 8.
08:51 PM - Mar 28, 2024
A
I think that's a lot of what it was. I was young, it broke my heart, and it continues to break it, all these years later.

If they truly do remake Neverending Story, I really hope they don't repeat that scene. 🥺🥺
08:53 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
The scene is essential. The death of Artax introduces Falkor. Though i hope get never remake it.
10:21 PM - Mar 28, 2024
A
I know. Artax needs to die to open up the path for Falkor to become the next mentor to Bastien. But watching Artax give up, give in to despair, was a seriously scarring memory for me. (I know I'm not alone!)

I recently read an announcement about a multi-film remake in the works. Guess we'll see.
10:31 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
I always saw it as the swamp taking him, he didn't want to give up, he had no choice. Hell even with the Auryn, Atreyu almost gave up after everything he went through.
10:36 PM - Mar 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}