Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
People making accusations should look in the mirror. This was supposed to be a safe space for ALL of us. Xenophobia and ageism are as real and painful as racism and ALL of them are wrong!
11:53 AM - Mar 28, 2024
Char
A
In response to Haruka (RELOCATED).
It's still wild to see people talking about Canadians in this context because, as a whole, we are generally liked and have a good reputation in the international community. Honestly, this place is the first time in my life I've seen anti-Canadian sentiment & it's so strange!
12:07 PM - Mar 28, 2024
Licia
A
I'm definitely using first person material to teach university freshmen in Japan about residential schools and about how someone thought it was fun to murder and bury some of those First Native children beneath those schools. Oh and then there's all of that Anti-Blackness.
In response to Char.
01:57 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Char
A
In response to Licia.
That is true. No argument from me. There is a lot of dark history here, as well as ongoing systemic & social racism, we are certainly no exception to that.

Those things aren't what have largely made up our reputation, even if they should have been.
02:56 AM - Mar 30, 2024
Licia
A
In response to Char.
Canadians are looked upon favorably here in Hokkaido because of Olympic curling teams. Some might be familiar with figure skaters or maple syrup. That knowledge is surface level & is not helpful at all. For certain, the reverse is true. I think it's best if we learn about each other from the core.
03:32 AM - Mar 30, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}