Puckarama
A
thread 1/7
Something really great just happened to me and I want to share it because we need good stories!
I was walking into the hardware store. Walking, very slowly, toward me was an elderly Indian woman. As I neared her she held eye contact, held her arm out a bit, and asked if I would walk with her and
09:53 PM - Apr 01, 2024
Puckarama
A
thread 2/7
support her as the distance to the T-mobile store was further than she thought. Of course I agreed to help.
She said she is really good at reading people and faces and could tell I was kind and have a kind heart.
Now, nobody has ever said this about me. I am built like a brick shithouse, head
Puckarama
A
thread 3/7
shaved bald, goatee, face and nose of a life spent in hockey, and a look that most have described as intense or intimidating. Attractive, approachable, and kind are not used to describe me. Not because I try - that’s just how I look.
Now, she had to stop every few steps along the maybe 60-70 foot
Puckarama
A
thread 4/7
distance we were walking - apologizing each time and me assuring her it was no problem. As we walked she explained that she put her groceries(grocery store was next to the hardware store) in her car and then felt like walking on such a nice day would be good for her.
As we neared T-Mobile she said
Puckarama
A
thread 5/7
that she would look for someone to walk her back when she was done. I immediately offered to go retrieve her car and drive it around for. She said she trusted me but was concerned it was taking too much of my time. I assured her it was no problem and retrieved her car and serendipitously found a
Puckarama
A
thread 6/7
spot in front of T-Mobile. She was almost tearful and told me to grab one of the Lily plants from her car for my garden, assuring me she had bought two. I let her she still had two and she could call on me anytime she sees me. She said my kindness “glows bright.”
Anyway, her saying such nice
Puckarama
A
thread 7/7
things to me and offering me a lily plant were the sweetest thing in the world and I was so pleased to have been met with such random kindness today.
Sooooo, don’t get overwhelmed with the negativity.
There are beautiful people out there and one of them just shed her light on me!
Peace
Puckarama
A
This is great, Kelli! I’m glad you refilled your heart with joy - that’s why I shared it. That negativity is powerful but there are all kinds of folks being gracious and awesome and doing positive things at every moment. I was so pleased that I played a bit part in that story. Have a great day!
In response to Kelli R.
10:43 AM - Apr 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}