Professor Kyle
A
It should go without saying that there's no such thing as "anti-white racism" aka reverse racism. It's remarkable & disgusting how easily we (white) oppressors make ourselves out to be victims, & how so many of us, steeped in white supremacy & unwilling to cede our privilege, embrace it.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
As they, the GOP, & white America has been forever. The same bigoted gaslighting that called systemic anti-Black racism a "race war" in the 70s– i.e. "2 groups who just don't get along." Same impulse that rails against every attempt to address racism, like affirmative action & teaching real history.
03:07 PM - Apr 02, 2024
03:18 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Matt Boyd
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I’m not an ideologue and I’m not trying to argue. Is it possible for someone to discriminate against a white person on the basis of their race?
08:03 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
There can be unfounded prejudice against any group. But in a white supremacist society...I'd say the answer to your question is no.
In response to Matt Boyd.
08:07 PM - Apr 02, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
A resounding no. "An institutionally oppressed group lacks the social power to detriment a dominant group on a systemic basis." -Emrazz
02:32 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Matt Boyd
A
I’m not sure I agree with you.
I certainly agree that, perhaps, the “proportional harm” of a minority owned business choosing to treat a white majority differently is trivial in a societal level even in America.
But in Japan for instance, the prejudice against foreigners is substantial.
08:09 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
Japan isn't a white supremacist society. That said, the foreigners they dislike most are more likely to be non-Japanese Asians, particularly Koreans, not white Europeans or Americans.
08:13 PM - Apr 02, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
And if a minority owned business in the U.S. treats white people differently it's not discrimination (and certainly not racism) – it's a response to centuries of brutal systemic racism & dehumanization against them.
08:15 PM - Apr 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}