Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/2
Last night my mom was really on my heart. I wanted to call her and talk about my job and the wild days I have. I'd tell her all about the book sales and the friends I've made on Spoutible. I'd ask how things were hanging with the friends she made in assisted living. I know we'd make jokes.
01:51 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/2
I miss her terribly. I have accepted her death and know it was for the best given how her quality of life deteriorated. I miss having her here as both a friend and my mom. It was perfect but we'd earned that friendship and it's one I greatly miss.
02:21 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I'm glad you had a mom like that. We are not all so blessed. I wish I did.
02:18 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
My mom was not perfect. I haven't been in intensive weekly therapy for 3 years because life was so great. I had to forgive a lot of shit and understand my mother was likely never going to own up to her role in my trauma. But she loved me and I did my best to center that love.
02:24 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Fiona Mary
A
🩵
02:05 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Char
A
I obviously didn't know your mom but from what you've shared, I'm confident she would be so proud of you 🩷
01:54 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Char.
She'd be doing cartwheels. She'd call her friends and try to subtly brag as not to be too terrible. My mother was as proud of me as her faith would allow, as it is a sin. But she still carried my book in her tote bag and showed people at Bible study.
02:26 PM - Apr 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}