Terminator LX
A
Good lord! That sounds about right though. And the GQP want to get rid of social security. 🤦🏽
bruno_j_navarro @bruno_j_navarro
A typical person now believes they need $1.5 million to retire comfortably, which is nearly 17 times more than the $88,400 savers have set aside on average.

https://www.bloomberg.com/...
11:15 AM - Apr 04, 2024
11:17 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Mary Cole
A
In response to Terminator LX.
$1.5M maybe 10 or 20 years ago would have been enough for a husband and wife to retire at a reasonable age. With inflation, in 2024, the number is at least twice that, if not more.
11:20 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Terminator LX
A
In response to Mary Cole.
I don't have a Bloomberg subscription, so I could only read the headline. But I took that to mean most INDIVIDUALS need $1.5M, not couples.
11:27 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Mary Cole
A
Hmmm. I don't pay money to subscribe to Bloomberg, but the Boston Public Library and my local library enable me to read things in a lot of sites that otherwise would be inaccessible. Check out what your local libraries might offer you (online, from home).
11:30 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Terminator LX
A
In response to Mary Cole.
Cool. I never thought of that. Probably because I haven't had a public library card in ages. I don't even use the library at my job. I really should. I spend a ton on books and periodicals every year. I just found out I can get the NYT for free through my job. I've been paying for that for years.
11:37 AM - Apr 04, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
My public library offers free NY Times subscriptions. They also offer a cool free movie watching site with a nice streaming app called Kanopy, accessible with my library card. Kanopy has lots of good movies.

Here's the link to Kanopy's site:
https://www.kanopy.com/en
06:45 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
Kanopy is excellent.
02:24 PM - Apr 05, 2024
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
It really is! It has lots of great movies that aren't on Netflix. I'm really enjoying Kanopy!
02:47 PM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}