Karl S the Typo King
A
I will always be sad at the number of family members I’ve removed from my life, but their loss is my gain.
Milla Mélomane @Britpoptarts
Toxic family won't make amends
07:15 PM - Apr 04, 2024
09:32 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
It took me some time to realize there were people related to me genetically who didn't and would never give a damn about me, and I was wasting my time trying to please them. It's why I tell others that family is made up of the people who love and respect you, not biological ties.
11:34 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
I wonder what it is that causes us to want to please the people who usually least deserve it. A longing for acceptance, the notion that family is supposed to be more important in ours lives? But when you stop trying, they get even more upset.
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
11:44 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
You try, and they're all too eager to inform you how short you fall. You stop trying, and they pile on the insults. At one point, I had to ask myself: did I really want anything to do with these people, who brought me nothing but misery?
12:12 AM - Apr 05, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
It was the guilt trips that caught me off guard, I was ready for more insults. One tried getting my kids, who were 4 and 2 at the time, involved. It was unreal.
12:15 AM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}