EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson
A
Maybe it isn't that someone rallied their clique against me.
Maybe what I said actually did offend a mass of people.
07:48 AM - Apr 05, 2024
David James
A
In response to EdwardA(callmeEd)Peterson.
Nobody should be rallying any team, gang or clique against anybody. If you’re not happy with what somebody says, there are two options - Mute or Block. Either cleans up your timeline wonderfully.
08:25 AM - Apr 05, 2024
A
In response to David James.
But sometimes you can't fault a person for trying to explain why something might offend others.
And sometimes many people make the attempt on the same offense.
Sometimes we might ignore one person taking offense; it's harder to ignore when many people agree it's offensive.
08:32 AM - Apr 05, 2024
David James
A
If a lot of people find it offensive, it’s time to delete the spout, take away the talking point of the argument, apologise if necessary and stop all this piling on crap. We are all, theoretically, adults.
08:33 AM - Apr 05, 2024
A
I don't disagree.
My point is that perhaps instead of claiming that one person called all their group to pile on, I (or anyone) should rethink if those people have a point and I should do as you suggest.
08:37 AM - Apr 05, 2024
David James
A
Exactly. But as I have also said before there are certain people on this platform, who are just looking to take offence at literally anything, and that can be quite irritating. Many people seem to forget that there are people from other countries & cultures on here, not just an American platform
08:39 AM - Apr 05, 2024 (Edited)
A
Definitely. And it doesn't even take other countries.
I've seen it happen over different backgrounds within the US.

And if it hasn't become evident, my original post was a hypothetical in an attempt to mildly call out some posts I'd seen lately.
08:44 AM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}