Tracy I
A
Spriends I was talking art museums with Linda this morning and was wondering , what’s your favorite painting or exhibit that you’ve seen in person??? 🖼️
Linda Eisenstein @LindaEisenstein
Stopped at the Museum to see Monet in Focus: 3 paintings on loan from the Musée Marmottan + 2 from Cleveland's collection, including a crown jewel: the huge Water Lilies that usually dominates the Impressionist room. I'll never forget seeing the whole triptych together here. More in ALT-TEXT
03:16 PM - Apr 02, 2024
08:53 PM - Apr 04, 2024
Deb
A
In response to Tracy I.
I saw the Tutankhamun exhibit in Chicago. I think it was one of the last times the original artifacts were on tour. Seeing all those pieces in person after reading about them for years made me cry. Very thankful I got to see the exhibit.
08:40 AM - Apr 05, 2024
Ronald Alexander
A
My aunt took all of us to see it. Damn that was in 75/76 at the museum. Even as a kid it had my jaw on the floor. It's a shame now that when you go now as a non-resident you almost have to have rent money to visit but that is what happens when you cut back on cultural funding.
In response to Deb.
08:45 AM - Apr 05, 2024
Deb
A
In response to Ronald Alexander.
I saw it in 2006. I read about archeology all through my teens and thought about becoming an archeologist. Howard Carter’s discovery was a big inspiration.
08:57 AM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}