My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 1/5
Well since I'm one of the geniuses who posted about Biden's new rules, let me explain why I like them. The rulebreaker guy was constrained during his last & only term bc of career civil servants and military - these rules encourage that for whoever may win any election until those rules are changed.
Alexander J. McKinley, QBE @AJOHMS1956
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Someone thinks passing new rules to 'trump-proof' the White House is going to have any effect on a guy who doesn't recognize or abide by rules?
Yeah.
Good luck with that, genius.
12:22 AM - Apr 05, 2024
08:50 AM - Apr 05, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 2/5
The same people who enforced rules during that guy's first and only term couldn't just be fired -and weren't just fired - then. Mr. Stable Genius realized they could change the rules too late in the game for it to matter, but now they think they will have another crack at dictatorship.
08:53 AM - Apr 05, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 3/5
If Biden did NOT do anything to shore up protections for non partisan administration, it'd be, "they had a plan and published it for the world to see, and this schmuck did nothing to affirm our systems, WTF!"

He does something to shore up the systems, and he gets, "lotta good that's gonna do."
08:56 AM - Apr 05, 2024 (Edited)
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 4/5
This is a common sense measure to take. The previous administration illuminated lots of flaws in our system that rely too heavily on normal, human decency, and folks' hopes and expectations.

These rules are an indication that the current administration is aware of and addressing that.
08:59 AM - Apr 05, 2024 (Edited)
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 5/5
I do not believe that protecting civil service jobs is the sum total of what they need to do, or will do.

But it's nice to know they aren't just figuring that nothing they do will make a difference to the guy who said never surrender on the day he surrendered to Fulton County to take his mugshot.
09:00 AM - Apr 05, 2024
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
We are in the age of the "Moving goal post" nothing is ever good enough and even if have the impossible "perfect" someone will find fault
08:59 AM - Apr 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}