Christopher Bouzy
A
I took this photo the other day while my better half was telling me there is nothing wrong with doggy bags. Am I the only person who doesn't like to bother with doggy bags?
04:54 PM - Apr 06, 2024
BattleFuzz
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I can never finish my meal, so I enjoy a doggie bag lunch next day. Also, did you know that Cairns Australia (not sure about the rest of the continent) won't let you take food home? And, let me tell you, they feed you heaps of food. Especially meat! We were shocked when we found out!
05:12 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Tina Carmody
A
In response to BattleFuzz.
I'm in West Australia. We are not allowed doggy bags at buffets. Other restaurants we can. By law the resturant staff bring you the container and you have to put your food in. We always do doggy bags.
08:01 PM - Apr 06, 2024
BattleFuzz
A
In response to Tina Carmody.
Doggie bags certainly shouldn't be allowed at buffets anywhere, of course. They aren't here either.
Is it a regional thing that we weren't allowed to bring our food home? No where in Cairns could we take food home. This was 2012.
08:06 PM - Apr 06, 2024 (Edited)
Tina Carmody
A
Not sure about Cairns but I'm in a regional town in WA. I always get doggy bags especially for Asian/Indian foods. I do draw the line at taking seafood home. Best consume that in the resturant rather than reheating later. I feel sorry for the people of Cairns!
08:42 PM - Apr 06, 2024
BattleFuzz
A
I wish we'd asked if it was just their restaurant policy or a law. We were kind of embarrassed. They looked at us aghast when we asked to take it home. 😂 It was an Indian place. We went to a Greek place and decided we had so much we wanted to take it home, so we asked and the guy said no. Cont-
08:52 PM - Apr 06, 2024
Tina Carmody
A
Have a look at the laws in QLD. Me and my sister do this here and we meticulously divide it up into equal portions too. Dont be embarrassed. Theres heaps of people that do it.
09:02 PM - Apr 06, 2024
BattleFuzz
A
I live in a place filled with tourists. They can be exhausting. We don't want to ever over step or faux pas when we are traveling. It just never occurred to us there would be a doggie bag issue. I mean, Hawaii is the land of FOOD EVERYWHERE and they cater to convenience of the visitors. Whoops! 😂
09:08 PM - Apr 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}