A
Saw this and had to share it. But to summarize:
- The nature of evil is a lack of empathy
- Conservatism is built on contempt for empathy
01:58 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Pro-Science Establishment Dem
B
In response to Spry Lorax.
Seems to me that conservatives are generally sociopaths. And they're creating more of them by breeding.
02:12 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Robin
A
Very interesting. I would argue, based solely on my observations and experiences, that much of corporate capitalism fosters an environment disavowing the growth of empathy.
01:50 PM - Apr 08, 2023
boogan
A
My personal experience with ssri's lead me to Google their possible (negative) impact on empathy. Note: by no means am I suggesting that they be rejected outright for this

https://www.psypost.org/20...
01:30 PM - Apr 08, 2023 (Edited)
Prefab Spout
A
You gain empathy by learning the stories of others so you can see them as whole people.
Which is exactly why the right are banning their stories in schools. If you can block the empathy early it's very hard to get it back as an adult.
03:54 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Susan Bialas
A
In response to Prefab Spout.
Agree. Empathy is developmental, and books read (and discussed) when young are critical to honing this skill, so banning books has a negative impact on empathy. Same can be said for the relationship between books and resilience.
01:40 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Jackie Benedict
A
In response to Prefab Spout.
Well said.
03:53 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Tuesday
A
Great POV about suppressing “woke”, that “wokeness” poses a threat. However, imo, most ppl who lack empathy don’t choose evil but can struggle to relate to others. Social/emotional connections, etc play an important role - including societal norms. Imo, they’re the target audience 4 “anti-woke” PR.
02:43 PM - Mar 14, 2023
M J
B
I guess Bush Juniors compassionate conservatism was just an oxymoron

Now, they're just mean morons...
02:13 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
I have to agree, this has been my experience in dealing with conservatives, narcissists, racists, and certain relatives that belong to all of those groups.
02:02 PM - Mar 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}