Anthony Lee
A
thread 1/5
There's one thing I never spoke about because I was never directly involved. I think I should now say something.

I am aware of infighting that has caused a rift among several regular Spoutible users, dividing them into cliques. It is unfortunate, given how great things were going on this platform.
05:39 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
thread 2/5
Several of you from different cliques follow me and vice versa. You may see differences with one another, but when I see all of you, I only see similarities: enjoying life, awareness of social injustices, and a willingness to care about the world. These should bring every one of us together.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 3/5
It seems that differences stemmed from specific moments of interaction that were oriented in tension and possible misunderstanding. Such differences should be worked out, not be a basis for hating one another. It is unfortunate that we are left with people doing more of the latter than the former.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 4/5
We all need to do two things:

1. Listen to other people and understand things from their experiences, in case there is something about them we never knew

2. Look at ourselves carefully, in case our own actions were in fact a major factor in the tension that boiled over

Interaction goes both ways.
05:39 PM - Apr 07, 2024 (Edited)
Anthony Lee
A
thread 5/5
Maybe my words won't make any difference here, but as a relatively pacifistic and unargumentative person who tries hard to focus on positivity even in the face of negtivity, I want to at least say some words in hopes of offering encouragement and inspiration. We all deserve to be happy here.
Janet aka April
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
Thank you.
06:48 PM - Apr 07, 2024
Debbie Lu
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
Well said. Thank you.
06:09 PM - Apr 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}