Professor Kyle
A
thread 1/4
Whether to boycott a business or not is a personal decision with a lot of variables. But sometimes I just don't get people's choices. There's a Christian cult in my town (they're in lots of places – called the 12 Tribes) that believes being gay or trans is an abomination, think women (cont).
07:34 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
thread 2/4
are inferior & subservient to men, are racist, & physically abuse their children from the youngest of ages (& make them work starting at like 10). They're supposedly reopening their restaurant in town this summer (as they've been saying for 17 years, so we'll see...), & so many people are
Professor Kyle
A
thread 3/4
excited because they like the food. I used to eat there too, 17+ years ago...but knowing all I do about them now, knowing buying their food directly supports an extremely bigoted organization, I won't do so. It's hard not to be disappointed in the people I know who just don't seem to care. Many of
Professor Kyle
A
thread 4/4
the same people happy that Taproot flies a pride flag every day; who rushed to defend our library's attempt to host a drag queen story hour; who were appalled at the nearby town's select board member's anti-LGBTQ+ bigotry – are now, like, ooh, I love their Reuben! Yum!
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
Humans are selfish by nature, oh sure they can do good works but mostly if it does not inconvenience themselves or deny them what they want.
In response to Professor Kyle.
10:24 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Agree 💯

Reminds me of a story Maria Ressa told about her conversation with Zuck:

Ressa - "97% of Filipinos are on FB!"
Zuck - "What are the 3% doing?"

Link to Vox article:
https://tinyurl.com/5n6p89...
10:43 PM - Apr 09, 2024