Professor Kyle
A
I have a very liberal, strong Democrat friend who, when TFG came up, practically conceded the election & talked about moving overseas – which, unlike most of us, he could likely do as a well known scientist in his field. I get the nervousness...but use that to fight, not run away to save yourself.
02:26 AM - Apr 11, 2024 (Edited)
MatthewOfHarold
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Claiming you will pack up and leave this mess is the ultimate declaration of privilege.
10:30 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Some people know they can leave so they do and fuck everyone else. When they could use their money and possibly their platform to do good things. Helping and leading isn't easy but for some folks it's a not too hard.
10:20 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Exactly. I don't blame anyone for leaving who is persecuted (although most of them can't). If you have the money & platform, don't given in and flee – fight like hell for everyone else.
10:28 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Dıanna
A
After 2016, I sent my daughter to Canada for university where she could continue her education without the ever-constant worries about safety, on so many levels. Women of childbearing age are unsafe in many states. She wasn't the only Trump refugee at U of T.
They still vote!
10:13 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Penelope Lowder
A
Years ago, I was thinking of leaving the US. My late dad said to me, “he’s not going anywhere! Our ancestors built this country (slavery), made this country rich, his momma and daddy worked hard, he worked hard, your ma too. This is my country! Don’t let anybody run you out of your own country!”
10:05 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Penelope Lowder
A
He is doing what the GOP want. Tell your friend if Fani Lou Hamer can get the crap beat out of her for me to stand in a voting booth, I’ll vote. Cheney, Schwerner and Goodman, Medgar Evars, Freedom Riders, John Lewis all those folks that sacrificed their lives for us to vote, make this place better.
09:56 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Bob Atayi
A
whether your friends move overseas or not, they can still vote and influence what happens in their country. Tell them to continue fighting and encourage their friends to vote as well.
06:38 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Bren
A
When I hear this I think of so many women I know who are in abusive relationships. They threaten to leave either to make it stop or utter exhaustion or both. It's often never final. They stay in it to battle demons. My dad used to say "when I'm done leaving I'll be gone"
06:33 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Katie Kadwell
A
Yes!!!
06:17 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Hoi Pollois
A
And there would be so many people here who would need support, protection, comfort, and love.

Can't just duck out because you are able to - you gotta be part of the Resistance + change.

What kind of ass leaves when it's bad, then returns when it's okay again? Oh, Grandfather Drumpf did that.
02:52 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
I’m thankful for people like you.

I have been fighting all my life & now I don’t have the health, strength, or will.

I want as much peace of mind as I can find anywhere.

Stress is a killer & I will probably be forced, like my Dad, to retire elsewhere.
02:40 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
I get that.
02:44 AM - Apr 11, 2024
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
I've thought about my way out every single election since Ws second term. I have a grand dad in Spain I've never met, never spoke to, but because I share his DNA I can get dual citizenship and get tf out if things get bad. Stay and fight until there are concentration camps for LGBTQ and BIPOC.
02:35 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to ⚛️Shawn Athan.
Definitely get that. I would get the E.U. citizenship anyway so you could travel or work anywhere over there! My dad's from The Netherlands but they're so picky about who they let in (mostly to keep Black & Brown people out) I can't get citizenship.
02:40 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
We were asked again in France from my family if we would leave if TFG were elected again. Our answer, like Germany, was that would take some thinking on. I'm waiting to see if they ask here in Italy, what with who they elected to power most recently.

https://spoutible.com/thre...
02:31 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈.
Reminds me of being in the Netherlands years ago when my uncle talked about how scared he was of the American right wing government of G. W. Bush...but conveniently didn't mention the right wing, white supremacist element in their government & society.
02:37 AM - Apr 11, 2024 (Edited)
CPfromCA
A
In response to Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈.
Yup.
A couple yrs ago 60 minutes did a piece on Americans w/Italian ancestry getting dual citizenship my husband was all like You should do that.
Yeah.
Except I don't speak Italian & they just elected the most right wing candidate since Mussolini.
The whole world is on fire.
There's no where to go.
04:38 AM - Apr 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}