Professor Kyle
A
I have a very liberal, strong Democrat friend who, when TFG came up, practically conceded the election & talked about moving overseas – which, unlike most of us, he could likely do as a well known scientist in his field. I get the nervousness...but use that to fight, not run away to save yourself.
02:26 AM - Apr 11, 2024 (Edited)
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
We were asked again in France from my family if we would leave if TFG were elected again. Our answer, like Germany, was that would take some thinking on. I'm waiting to see if they ask here in Italy, what with who they elected to power most recently.

https://spoutible.com/thre...
02:31 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
Reminds me of being in the Netherlands years ago when my uncle talked about how scared he was of the American right wing government of G. W. Bush...but conveniently didn't mention the right wing, white supremacist element in their government & society.
In response to Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈.
02:37 AM - Apr 11, 2024 (Edited)
Sabine
A
Maybe he didn´t worry about the country but about the foreign politics. And compared to the US, the Netherlands are tiny on the world stage.

(Shouldn´t you be asleep, BTW?)
03:02 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Sabine.
It wasn't so much about foreign policy but more shock at the conservative ideology. My point is that while I'm sure it's far from universal, I've had several Europeans express shock at American bigotry without acknowledging that of white Europeans.
09:50 AM - Apr 11, 2024
Kayla 🌱 🥋 F 🤿 🦈
A
In Germany & France, they were adamant about stomping out anything right-wing. The general pop-type people we talked to were all for, If the US pulled out of, or failed to honor NATO, saying "fuck em" if TFG were leading the country and something happened to us. They hate him just that much.
02:41 AM - Apr 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}