Diana Tyler
A
thread 1/3
#DailyPictureTheme #Pain

This first spout on today's theme is going to be filler and serve as a TRIGGER WARNING for those who don't like gross photos (which will be on the next spouts of this thread). Besides childbirth, the worst (and longest) #pain I've experienced started with mosquito bites...
03:38 PM - Apr 10, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
thread 2/3
...that turned into wounds that expanded, & ended in macerated (down to the muscle) flesh, a series of plastic fillers, Unna Boots, various types of grafts, & (eventual) healing. And recent events have shown that I have to be careful about future leg wounds as well. 🙄 TW: WORSE photos in post 3!!
Diana Tyler
A
thread 3/3
I warned you...!

Yeah...this got bad...and went on-and-off for 3 years.
So, yeah, that was #pain -ful in a lot of different ways...but I'm grateful to finally be back to "normal". 😉
Justme Bee
A
We talked about skin grafting, my concern was creating a new wound. This seals the wound for 3 weeks and hopefully we'll see new healthy tissue when he removes the dressing. It's a long shot but worth a try. I'm going to research your procedure and talk with to the surgeon on our next visit.
In response to Diana Tyler.
01:10 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Justme Bee.
I hope the present graft works for your mom. But if not, perhaps this will be another option for her. I think my Dr. quoted $3,000/graft ("material only"). I was approved for 7 (the first 1 or 2 don't always "take". Luckily, I had to get only 2.). Insurance company pre-approval will be necessary.
01:15 PM - Apr 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}