Frank the Bunny
A
I don't know why it seems the interpersonal relationships I forge always seem to be with extremely negative, profoundly unhappy people, and then I just end up feeling like shit from the weight of all the negativity. I'm nothing like that. What is it about me that makes me a magnet for it?
06:18 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Nikki
A
In response to Frank the Bunny.
I'm a profoundly unhappy people. Please don't hold it against me, I was born this way. Some people just feel safe.
06:29 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Nikki.
I don't hold it against anyone if they are profoundly unhappy, I'm just not sure how to break the cycle of always giving my time and attention even though it hurts me, without receiving it back, because they can't refocus outside their misery long enough to do that.
06:34 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Nikki
A
Empathy can be a huge burden. This is my sister. Always shouldering everyone else's problems instead of focusing on her own. I rarely pile my crap on top of that...I pay a therapist.
06:40 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Nikki.
It definitely can be, and I never want to be someone who doesn't have empathy, I feel like I just need better balance, so I'm not always the shoulder being cried on and the person everyone vents their anger to.
06:43 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Nikki
A
I hope you are able to find your balance, whether that's by learning new ways to cope with the stress or by shrinking your circle of unhappiness around you. The world needs empathy, so don't let it make you jaded.
06:54 PM - Mar 14, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}