Professor Kyle
A
The GOP's ridiculous bills about appliances are all about climate change denial. They hate that there are regulations to make things less polluting.
07:42 PM - Apr 11, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Their climate change denial is about anti-government, anti-regulation propaganda manufactured to help corporations keep more of their profits. They don't know or care whether we're polluting less or more.
07:45 PM - Apr 11, 2024
TheQuietOne
A
My brother blames environmental regulation for appliances not lasting as long as they used to. I tried to break it to him as gently as I could that appliances are shitty for the same reason doors fall off Boeing airplanes. Still, I don't think he believed me. I'm sure Glenn Beck told him otherwise.
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
08:19 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Tony
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
It’s called planned obsolescence, it’s a thing. They can make appliances that last but you’d end up buying fewer of them. This is why Apples batteries run down quickly after a year or so, you can’t replace so you buy another iPhone. And so it goes…
08:31 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Sue Lee
A
Planned obsolescence is by design. Why build something to last when you sell more by using materials that will break down over time?
08:30 PM - Apr 11, 2024
TheQuietOne
A
In response to Sue Lee.
Yeah, it's probably a bit of both but thinking about it planned obsolescence is probably the major part, especially for consumer items. Read this and laugh when they say we want it that way. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160612-heres-the-truth-about-the-planned-obsolescence-of-tech
08:38 PM - Apr 11, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
My condolences.
08:20 PM - Apr 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}