Sherry Finkel
A
thread 1/6
Happy Saturday! I've missed Spoutible. Been heads down in my endeavor @MadrinaMolly . But I needed a place to work out a a little musing. And this cohort will 'get it'. I'm sensing the zeitgeist shifting.....I feel like community is lighter, brighter, kinder and coming out of the
10:54 AM - Apr 13, 2024
Sherry Finkel
A
thread 2/6
"I got mine....So F-U" that we associate with MAGAism. I'm so heartened that, in Queens, of all places, the #NYMets crowd got behind #Lindor and gave him encouragement in the form of an ovation for his first at bat. Mets fans are normally pretty brutal, so this was nice.
Sherry Finkel
A
thread 3/6
I travel between NY and Ohio twice a month. It's different. It's not just a Northeast vs Midwest thing. People treat one another differently. Half my drive is through Ohio and the other is through PA and NY when I head east. The way traffic behaved was completely different.
Sherry Finkel
A
thread 4/6
In Ohio, four times cars sitting in the left lane sped up to crowd me out when I moved to pass a truck. (I dislike drivers who don't treat the left lane for passing only.) It takes a certain stupidity to play chicken with a woman sporting NY plates. I kid you not, that sh*t completely stopped
Sherry Finkel
A
thread 5/6
in PA and NY. Once the OH plates were gone, people behaved properly again with respect to passing.

At the #NCAA , not only are the women's coaches gracious towards players and one another, I was so impressed by #Purdue coach Matt Painter's press respect for his players and for UConn. He's hard
Sherry Finkel
A
thread 6/6
not to love.

Anyway, my meager point is that it feels like the cloud of bad community behavior is lifting. It's no longer cool to bully and be selfish and be an asshat. I hope it's true.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}