Karen Springer
A
One of these days, people are going to figure out just how much Reagan fucked up this nation, with a grin and "aw, shucks" demeanor. Probably his greatest acting role. (Never watched his movies. Assuming he was a shitty actor. My grandmother called him "the monkey", after his co-star)
Michael J Sheridan @MSheridan62
High school Class of 1980. By 1982, when I'd decided college wasn't doing it for me, unemployment in the Flint, Mi area was in double digits, and they were laying off auto workers with 20 years seniority.

Flint, and workers everywhere, never recovered from that recession.
12:20 AM - Apr 14, 2024
10:21 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Karen Springer.
It drives me NUTS when ppl refer to Reagan as a GRT Pres/ ‘the last excellent RepubPres we’ve had: A Hero!!’
WTF books are you looking at?!?
10:26 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Karen Springer
A
I don't know what world those people were living in, but I was there. It sucked.
In response to Kinzie Mat.
10:28 AM - Apr 14, 2024
TheQuietOne
A
In response to Karen Springer.
Oh yeah. Bright, sunny Ronnie. His grin wasn't because he was happy in general. I understand he was quite miserable. It was because he was screwing everyone over and and he was getting away with it. I guess that's a skill playing second banana to a chimp will get you.
10:44 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
I hope he was miserable. Most of us were.
10:50 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Andrew Senior
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
If Reagan was the last great Republican president, the bar has been set very low.
10:52 AM - Apr 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}