Karen Springer
A
One of these days, people are going to figure out just how much Reagan fucked up this nation, with a grin and "aw, shucks" demeanor. Probably his greatest acting role. (Never watched his movies. Assuming he was a shitty actor. My grandmother called him "the monkey", after his co-star)
Michael J Sheridan @MSheridan62
High school Class of 1980. By 1982, when I'd decided college wasn't doing it for me, unemployment in the Flint, Mi area was in double digits, and they were laying off auto workers with 20 years seniority.

Flint, and workers everywhere, never recovered from that recession.
12:20 AM - Apr 14, 2024
10:21 AM - Apr 14, 2024

Only followers of this user (Seamoura) can see their posts

TheQuietOne
A
In response to Karen Springer.
I remember seeing a couple of his movies in the 3 channels, Sunday afternoon slots. He didn't do human emotion well as I remember. As I understand, he was what they called a serviceable actor. He showed up sober and knew his lines. Not the highest of bars, really.
11:30 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Yvette MT
A
It was also during Reagan’s admin that the KGB hacked our government & military computers the first time. In 1989, a book was published on how it was discovered called The Cuckoos Egg. Intl hackers went to jail. I expected the govt to take precautions after that but apparently that was naive.
11:29 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Jason Carton
A
I honestly think one the greatest influences on the idolization he received was because of Family Ties and Alex P Keaton.
11:18 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Jason Carton.
Interesting.
11:21 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Jean M
A
I’m with y’all. The Saint Reagan rhetoric is total bullshit. This is who you would venerate? Closed Mental Health facilities and started the homeless crisis. Union busting. Was put in place by wealthy California business types to make their profit margins higher.
10:53 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
In response to Jean M.
I remember taking a train from California to Oregon and seeing homeless encampments for the very first time in my life. I was 19 and it was shocking. I already knew Reagan was a tool -- but I had no idea what was about to happen to our country.
03:57 PM - Apr 14, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
I was only 15 when he was elected and I knew…. I knew all through my formative years and college and he and his actions and the impact it had on our culture just added to my adolescent depression and substance abuse. I’m not exaggerating- I knew I was I living in a world where it wasn’t seen.
10:48 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Fries Andersen
A
If I could go back in time, I’d give John Hinckley Jr. target lessons. Too soon?
10:37 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Fries Andersen.
Nope.
10:38 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Kinzie Mat
A
It drives me NUTS when ppl refer to Reagan as a GRT Pres/ ‘the last excellent RepubPres we’ve had: A Hero!!’
WTF books are you looking at?!?
10:26 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
In response to Kinzie Mat.
His wife sucked too.
03:19 PM - Apr 14, 2024
Prefab Spout
A
In response to Kinzie Mat.
But, to them, these are all heroic acts.
05:40 PM - Apr 16, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}