Karen Springer
A
One of these days, people are going to figure out just how much Reagan fucked up this nation, with a grin and "aw, shucks" demeanor. Probably his greatest acting role. (Never watched his movies. Assuming he was a shitty actor. My grandmother called him "the monkey", after his co-star)
Michael J Sheridan @MSheridan62
High school Class of 1980. By 1982, when I'd decided college wasn't doing it for me, unemployment in the Flint, Mi area was in double digits, and they were laying off auto workers with 20 years seniority.

Flint, and workers everywhere, never recovered from that recession.
12:20 AM - Apr 14, 2024
10:21 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Jean M
A
I’m with y’all. The Saint Reagan rhetoric is total bullshit. This is who you would venerate? Closed Mental Health facilities and started the homeless crisis. Union busting. Was put in place by wealthy California business types to make their profit margins higher.
In response to Karen Springer.
10:53 AM - Apr 14, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
In response to Jean M.
I remember taking a train from California to Oregon and seeing homeless encampments for the very first time in my life. I was 19 and it was shocking. I already knew Reagan was a tool -- but I had no idea what was about to happen to our country.
03:57 PM - Apr 14, 2024
Sheilah Hayden
A
In response to Lipsticktraces.
Mom worked as a social worker for the United Way and she had dealt with returning soldiers from Nam with a heroin habit, but Mom had never seen anything like when mentally ill homeless were left with no recourse.
04:24 PM - Apr 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}