Joe JustUs
A
thread 1/2
To all cat lovers here:

My fiancé is getting a rescue cat this weekend and I’m going with her.

Any advice on what to stay away from? I don’t know what breeds are troublesome & which are chill.

I low key don’t trust cats because I was there when they attacked their owners unprovoked.
10:25 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
thread 2/2
Almost forgot. Let me know any breeds that don’t shed so much hair & isn’t prone to vomiting
10:30 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Janet Johnson
A
In response to Joe JustUs.
I am invested now. Be sure to update us with a photo of the new kitty when/ if there is one.
09:38 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Janet Johnson.
Will do. Especially catnip video clips 😹
09:39 AM - Apr 17, 2024

Only followers of this user (susanm) can see their posts

Joe JustUs
A
In response to Susan.
Thank you 💚
06:12 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Danielle Johnson
A
I’ve rescued and fostered cats for years. Patience is a virtue. Your chances are better if it’s a male. They are a lot more trusting and bond quicker than females. Because I rescue, I’ve worked with some very feral cats. If you need any advice, please feel free to DM me.
12:09 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Danielle Johnson.
Thank you very much 💚
12:10 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Dıanna
A
We rescued a cat years ago & she was so perfect we were afraid to have anothe. We then took in a feral kitten who became a sweet old teddy bear. Then another stray wormed her way into our lives (serially, not all together). Our current kitty boy is the best yet ... nothing to fear
12:01 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Cathy Leder
A
I would see how the cat acts when you first walk in, whether it’s friendly and walks up to you OR sees you and walks the other way. 🐈‍⬛🐈
11:57 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Cathy Leder.
All my life children & animals are always attracted to me.

The cat has to choose her and she’s making the decision. I’m just going for moral support.

*Also I’m allergic to cats 😹
12:13 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
How I choose a cat: sit quietly in the middle of the floor next to the open cat carrier. The first kitten to crawl inside is your cat. We always get the best cats when we let them choose.
11:48 PM - Apr 16, 2024
DBA
A
If you see any cats that are already declawed, and get the idea that maybe they will be better to adopt because they can't scratch you, be prepared for them to use their teeth to correct any behavior of yours they don't appreciate.
11:15 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to DBA.
I’m starting to feel happier about the cat living at her family’s house, not here 😂
11:35 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Natalie Hill
A
I'm getting 2 cats. I was advised to get 2 to keep them happy with each other and avoid so much scratching furniture & stuff. 🤷🏿‍♂️
11:05 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Natalie Hill.
I lived with brother/sister cats before and they would fight each other whenever the big one was hungry.
11:43 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Janet Johnson
A
I highly recommend an Orange cat if there is one. They are the best cats. They will knock over your favorite nick nak and then you will forgive them because they are so charming. Also legend has it they are good luck. Don’t give them a food name though
10:44 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Alex Ruiz
A
Whatever breed, just let them be. Allow them to acclimate to their new environment; use a laser pointer to play with them from a distance, you can use catnip. They'll eventually feel comfortable with you and let you pet them. It may take weeks, but they'll show you their full playful personality.
10:33 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Alex Ruiz.
Thanks I forgot about laser pointers.

I’m already a fan of catnip. 😹

Now I want to find the video of the 2 cats I used to live with high on catnip.
10:37 PM - Apr 16, 2024
dmark
A
I doubt you will have any breed issues. Look for the cat that picks you. They are ready for a loving home. Standoffish cats need owners who are wise in the ways of cats.
10:32 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to dmark.
Thank you I appreciate it.
Steve Lee
A
In response to dmark.
Yes, I was going to say this very thing.
When you're in a rescue shelter, the feline will pick you.
That's an instant bond. You'll know it, you'll feel it.
10:36 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
If there is a cat room, I suggest going into the room, sit down and see who comes to you. I'm a firm believer that you do so much better when the cat picks you instead of you going in looking for a particular cat
10:31 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Zaya Rose ⛧.
Thank you that’s good advice. 💚
Kristin N
A
Most shelter cats are just sweet babies. you just bond right away when you find the right one.
My cat attacks me daily because he’s a cat 😹
Joe JustUs
A
In response to Kristin N.
Aren’t female cats less aggressive than males ?
WhalingOutLoud
A
Orange Tabbys tend to be sweetie pies.
Kristin N
A
In response to WhalingOutLoud.
And black cats too 🖤🧡
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}