Spiritual Annie
A
thread 1/6
I haven’t been spouting much. Part of that is because I’m an introvert but a bigger part is that I’m stuck and have been for some time. Now, I’d like to share why.

A thread…
07:09 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 2/6
I’ve been a writer ever since I could pick up a pencil. Journaling mostly, but also short stories, and I’ve long imagined my life and recovery might make a good book. I even started writing it.
07:10 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 3/6
Then, more life happened.
In a nutshell I had a near death experience, became homeless for eight months, lost my best ever friend to an accidental overdose, lost my trailer to a scumlord, ended up in an Assisted Living Facility, lost my eldest sister to cancer, and developed more health problems.
07:11 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 4/6
During it all, I found myself writing less and less. For me, it’s like slowly losing my ability to talk. The clincher was losing my sister. It’s not that we were very close. It was a shock to realize that my generation was now the eldest in my family tree and drawing near the end of our lives.
07:13 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 5/6
I know we’re dealing with a lot—potential wars and the election of a lifetime—and this seems like a deep subject for a social media platform, but I’d like to ask if you wouldn’t mind my trying to share more of my thoughts here.
07:16 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 6/6
I don’t expect to be a downer. Scared sometimes, yes. Philosophical and spiritual definitely. But not depressing. That’s not me.

I guess by writing this thread, I’ve already started. I hope I haven’t scared y’all off.
07:16 AM - Apr 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}