Spiritual Annie
A
thread 1/6
I haven’t been spouting much. Part of that is because I’m an introvert but a bigger part is that I’m stuck and have been for some time. Now, I’d like to share why.

A thread…
07:09 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 2/6
I’ve been a writer ever since I could pick up a pencil. Journaling mostly, but also short stories, and I’ve long imagined my life and recovery might make a good book. I even started writing it.
07:10 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 3/6
Then, more life happened.
In a nutshell I had a near death experience, became homeless for eight months, lost my best ever friend to an accidental overdose, lost my trailer to a scumlord, ended up in an Assisted Living Facility, lost my eldest sister to cancer, and developed more health problems.
07:11 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 4/6
During it all, I found myself writing less and less. For me, it’s like slowly losing my ability to talk. The clincher was losing my sister. It’s not that we were very close. It was a shock to realize that my generation was now the eldest in my family tree and drawing near the end of our lives.
07:13 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 5/6
I know we’re dealing with a lot—potential wars and the election of a lifetime—and this seems like a deep subject for a social media platform, but I’d like to ask if you wouldn’t mind my trying to share more of my thoughts here.
07:16 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
thread 6/6
I don’t expect to be a downer. Scared sometimes, yes. Philosophical and spiritual definitely. But not depressing. That’s not me.

I guess by writing this thread, I’ve already started. I hope I haven’t scared y’all off.
07:16 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Spiritual Annie.
Keep writing and keep sharing whatever you feel comfortable sharing.💜
02:39 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Starr
A
I am so sorry you have been going through so much. Life is a lot on a good day. I hope you find some peace in your writing and continue to share when you feel up to it. 💙
02:29 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Love Miracles
B
💐Much love and appreciation to you!💙💜💙
03:51 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Renee Tang
A
I am sorry for the loss of your sister. 🙏🏻 Please be gentle with yourself. You are dealing with A LOT and it is ok to feel overwhelmed or sad. You have a very big heart. You have a big Spoutible family that loves and cares for you. ❤️
11:26 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
I hope you will keep writing…. The way we express ourselves changes over time and connects us with life- whatever the truth of that might be. So far my experience is that There’s room for all of it here… thanks for writing ✍️ 🩷💜🩵💚
10:14 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Monica M
A
❣️
09:58 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Andrea Loken
A
You never know who your words will touch, & you deserve the healing power of connection that can come from sharing your thoughts & experiences.

Share away, in whatever way & time you feel is right for you. We're here to listen.

Welcome back to the pod!
09:56 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Cheryl Harrington
A
Keep posting, Annie. I'm finding my voice getting stronger since I've been daily posting here...and I, too, thought I'd lost my writing after life had its way with my family. This is a good and safe place to speak your truth. Stay strong, and thank you for sharing. 💙
09:56 AM - Apr 17, 2024
April Sparkles
A
💛💛💛
09:50 AM - Apr 17, 2024
BushiRob
A
Thank you for sharing. It can be daunting to find the space to air out what has been happening, especially in such trying times like you have experienced lately. I hope you can find the space to write more again.
09:32 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
So many things.
1. I'm so sorry, all of that is so, so much to deal with, and the loss of a sibling, no matter how close, has a unique strangeness.

2. You do not need anyone's permission to speak, especially your own truth. Speak loudly, quietly, whatever works for you in that moment. 💙💙💙
08:37 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
@SpiritualAnnie
@IsaLeeWolf said exactly what I wanted to express! My sympathy for all you’ve been through, and please talk to us any time you feel like doing so!💖
10:39 AM - Apr 17, 2024
JustDee
A
Please keep writing and sharing.
You never know what little seed you may put out that will take root with someone.
🫂😻
08:11 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Debbie Blair
A
Writing is a great outlet to help you deal with whatever is on your mind. I write things when I am feeling lost, when I wonder what my purpose is. Going out and experiencing nature rejuvenates me as well. I hope you find peace - we are here!
08:07 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Bev Turner
A
Annie, you be you! For a lot of people writing can be so healing and, if you share your words, might even help others along your own journey. 😘
07:53 AM - Apr 17, 2024 (Edited)
Klobby L
A
I'm sorry it's been so hard these past months. I hope it gets better. This is a great place for support and I hope you'll continue to write. 🥰
07:52 AM - Apr 17, 2024
Cyndi Brown
A
I think it may be good for you and I've been through some shit and love to hear how others handle their lives. Everyone has a story to tell.💗🤗🫂
07:20 AM - Apr 17, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}