(laura) elsen
A
meet jack ryan, a man whose life is self-described as sufficiently complicated by loving his wife and children, holding down a desk job, and being independently wealthy.
(laura) elsen @eilsen_baddie
luckily he has way less complicated things to do here, like single-handedly craft a plan to decieve the entire russian navy and flawlessly steer the world's largest nuclear submarine in combat conditions despite zero training.
12:50 PM - Apr 18, 2024
12:51 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to (laura) elsen.
10 years ago, I had a reviewer of my senior thesis on feminist and sociological themes in paranormal romance tell me "romance novels are the absurd, unrealistic fantasies of women."

I asked him what he thought Tom Clancy novels were, if not the absurd unrealistic fantasies of men.
01:34 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½that’s called defending your thesis !! Interesting how easy it was for him to β€œplay” a misogynistic asshole πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I’m glad he liked your thesis though.
In response to Socio-gen.
07:11 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to Evolve Undefined.
He definitely put me on the defensive! As much as it sucked (and I hate it still), I'm still very proud of myself for holding up well and making my points.
07:16 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Socio-gen.
It was such an excellent point πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
07:26 PM - Apr 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}