roxannehawn
A
All hail the continuous icing machine a pal loaned me during my LONG recovery from a shattered ankle (surgically repaired with internal fixation). I can't walk or drive until probably mid summer, but slow & steady with the healing! Trauma surgeon was happy with my range of motion this week.
10:50 AM - Apr 19, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to roxannehawn.
Wishing you as rapid and complete a healing as is possible!
11:02 AM - Apr 19, 2024
roxannehawn
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
Thanks so much. It's a discouraging slog, and I keep learning in new ways just how bad the injuries are/were, but I'm taking the recovery in small chunks and focusing on what I CAN do. Too easy to get stuck thinking about all the things I cannot do. Living on crutches long-term ... not easy.
11:04 AM - Apr 19, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
Long-term recovery can be viewed most optimistically as...an "adventure". (I worked in a front office with stairs. I had a different wheelchair for each level and would move between them by doing a spider-crawl up-and-down them using two arms and one leg. 🤣)
11:14 AM - Apr 19, 2024
roxannehawn
A
OMG. Go, you! I haven't tried a full set of stairs on crutches (or otherwise). Our house hallway is 1 step up, and we have 2 steps to get in/out of the house, but that's it. The slip/fall really shook my confidence, so I have to concentrate and go slowly. Hubs having to do laundry / downstairs.
11:42 AM - Apr 19, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
I'm glad your stairs are limited; that (and your hubster doing laundry) should make your recovery a *bit* easier. But you mention an oft unseen victim of such injuries: Confidence! We're fearless--until our bodies JUST ONCE show us that we have good reason to be afraid! THAT is the birth of caution.
11:48 AM - Apr 19, 2024
roxannehawn
A
100%. I always felt I was strong with good balance thanks to a lifetime of yoga (and recently more pilates). Thankfully, I can avoid our full stairs at home for now since most of what I need is on the main floor. My mom fell a lot and NEVER broke anything. Always hoped I inherited strong bones. 🤷‍♀️
11:57 AM - Apr 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}