Phred
A
Absolutely! Do a quote spout welcoming the new account coming from Post News. Bring it to everyone’s attention so that we can give them a hug. It’s gotta be super hard for them to lose their community. 💔💔
TriXteR Phillips @TriXteRPhillips
As an aside, I was just followed by an account created this month that spouted twice about joining here from Post News and asking if there are other PN users.

Is it wise, let's say, to share these posts with tags of accounts I know or not at this time?
11:23 AM - Apr 19, 2024
11:46 AM - Apr 19, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
In response to Phred.
I guess my main concern was potentially amplifying an account created by a bad actor to take advantage of the situation with Post.

Also, being a recluse, I'm not good at the welcome wagon part. Was going to tag a person who's better at that than I but didn't want run afoul of my first concern.
11:52 AM - Apr 19, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
In response to TriXteR Phillips.
I suppose I could message the person I was thinking of tagging and ask them how they feel about it, @Phred .

Come to think of it, that might have been better and easier than my reply to C-Bou.

(In case you're wondering, "C-Bou" sounds like a word in Chinese for "teacher," "sifu.")
11:55 AM - Apr 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}