Bryan
A
Post News expected to be shutdown by end of May 2024. I wrote an article recommending people take a look at three alternative social media sites, one of them being Spoutible.

https://socpub.com/article...
12:43 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Marilu
A
thanks for the info. I tried Mastadon but gave up on it. I ck BlueSky but don't interact much. I'm not fond of Threads. I think I may like this platform as a Post alternative.
In response to Bryan.
09:56 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Fries Andersen
A
In response to Marilu.
Mastodon suffers from what ails most open source apps. Unless you are tech savvy, it’s difficult to use.
10:56 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Marilu
A
In response to Fries Andersen.
Yeah, I am fairly savvy but I found it very annoying and not user-friendly or intuitive. This is much better. 🐳
10:58 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Bryan
A
In response to Fries Andersen.
I agree there is a learning curve to Mastodon but it's ease of use has in my opinion improved immensely over the past year. I think what makes Mastodon so tough is it's so global that it's difficult to find "your community" there. I'm currently on Medium's own Mastodon server and happy there.
04:12 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Beth Boardman
A
In response to Marilu.
Same here w Mastodon. I boycott fb products for the most part so no threads for me. And I’ve heard BlueSky is really not developing as well as hoped. I’ve been here a year, and it’s constantly growing and improving 👍🏽
10:02 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Marilu
A
In response to Beth Boardman.
TY 🐢
10:03 PM - Apr 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}