ChristyK
A
Doug Ford, the Premier of Ontario, has worked to expand the use of ILC, a correspondence course program that the province pays for. My teens have used some of their courses. They suck.
This is an image from one of the math classes. Find the perimeter.

#Ontariopolitics #Education
10:42 AM - Mar 15, 2023
Tuesday
A
In response to ChristyK.
Omg, I’ve seen some bad things in ON Ed math but this is next level incompetence! It’s terrifying to think they are getting away with this!
12:30 PM - Mar 15, 2023
ChristyK
A
I think they use purposeful incompetence to get away with things. If you ask for help or an explanation, they take ages responding and then misunderstand what you're asking. The teens grow frustrated and discouraged and eventually give up challenging the mistakes.
In response to Tuesday.
12:36 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Tuesday
A
In response to ChristyK.
Oh, so I’m recently retired, but I worked with teens from grades 6-12 who required supports for learning, social, and/or emotional issues in the ON Ed system. Math eventually became the main subject I provided educational support for, at the high school level. (2/2 replies to ur latest reply)
01:28 PM - Mar 15, 2023 (Edited)
ChristyK
A
In response to Tuesday.
I homeschool my 3 teens. They all tried school at various points, but 2 out of 3 of them are autistic and faced too much nastiness in school. It has been really hard. Correspondence courses are a bad fit too because there's no flexibility. Teens are brilliant, but struggle with poor assignments.
01:31 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Tuesday
A
In response to ChristyK.
Oh, it’s intentional incompetence and they don’t care - the people are not qualified! I’m assuming this has been passed on to a third party provider for $. There is bad curriculum within school boards (various factors) but this is next level! I’m so sorry your teens are experiencing this!
01:11 PM - Mar 15, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}