The Reluctant Townie
A
I look at everything that's occurred over the decades and concluded that the Republican party evolved, quite honestly, into its most basic and truthful form. A question I ask Republicans nowadays is what would you do that's different than what's occurred? They've no answer of substance.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
OMG, you're so right. Be it Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger or Romney or this dude. Such a concerted effort to legitimize & sanctify a Republican party that's beyond redemption.
02:13 PM - Apr 21, 2024
02:20 PM - Apr 21, 2024
JIlda Nettleton
A
They seem to have forgotten trickle down economics, the Iran Contra affair, Willie Horton, citizens United, the gutting of unions, how they formed an unholy union with white evangelicals over abortion, deregulation and privatization of everything, cutting taxes for the rich…
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
02:29 PM - Apr 21, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to JIlda Nettleton.
True. More importantly, the younger generation I am so desperately trying to engage with have no recollection of any of that. The memory of a 20-something is vastly different than mine at 60. Their experience is different, and my story telling has to be different.
02:31 PM - Apr 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}