Remo
A
I was at an event this weekend where I saw several people with disabilities. On the shuttle to the parking, a man with obvious dementia became aggressive. His wife struggled to calm him. She has to deal with that daily
I am 82 and have issues but I am grateful I am still mobile and have my senses
03:08 PM - Apr 22, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Remo.
I'm thankful and scared each and every day Remo, based upon what I've seen.
03:09 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Remo
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
I cannot imagine the heartbreak and fear that lady experiences daily. My son said, "We put sick dogs down but people must suffer."
03:12 PM - Apr 22, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
Recently I had a conversation with my brother. He noted that I had enough morphine in the house at the time to end my dad's suffering but didn't. "Why didn't you make that choice?" Because I was too weak? Because it's illegal? Because you need to endure the journey? Moot point now.
In response to Remo.
03:16 PM - Apr 22, 2024
BLS Is tired of the BS
A
Your brother is a backseat care giver. Easy for him to say.
04:46 PM - Apr 22, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to BLS Is tired of the BS.
We encounter that in some many situations, don't we? Why he's bringing this up 2 years on baffles me. I don't even think I've grieved properly, and quite frankly this doesn't help, and I told him so.
04:52 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Remo
A
My wife goes to a Senior Center and one person is so bad off that when fed, she must be told to swallow.
I don't know the answer. But with the many becoming diseased, there needs to be a discussion.
03:37 PM - Apr 22, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Remo.
Me neither. I've taken on a part-time job in a long-term care facility, as it's what my current skills seem to be adapted for. It entails compassion wrapped around pain, but the residents didn't really ask to be there, so the least I can do is to step up on their behalf.
03:48 PM - Apr 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}