Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
I love Buffy so much. I could watch it forever. It's definitely not perfect (*cough* season 1 *cough*) but, as a whole, it holds up, even all these years later. I don't know how many times I've watched through the series, but I've got a rewatch going now on the side and it's just as fun as ever 🍿
The Tragic Storytelling of Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Video Essay - YouTube

🎉🎉 Support Why It’s Great for exclusive access to original music and new Patron-Only Podcast! 🎉🎉 ▶️ https://patreon.com/whyitsgreatWelcome to Why It's G...

07:23 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Star Wars Cats
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
Both Buffy and Angel are in my top favorite series. They did a great job with character development, with Fred being one of my favorites.
09:02 AM - Apr 23, 2024
A
In response to Star Wars Cats.
I did like Angel, not as much as Buffy but it was fun how they expanded the lore. Fred was fun 🍿
09:06 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Deb
A
I was very surprised at how much I loved this show when I first saw it. I don’t watch a lot of series and those with teens or young people rarely appeal to me.
08:42 AM - Apr 23, 2024
A
In response to Deb.
Good writing is good writing 🍿
08:45 AM - Apr 23, 2024
SLS StickFigure
A
♫ Cordelia ♫ ah ah ♫ I love you, Cordelia ♫ ah ah ♫You're perfect, Cordelia ♫ ah ah ♫
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7X14F50mqI
Cordelia - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by TuneCoreCordelia · Buffering the Vampire SlayerCordelia℗ 2017 Bronze & FangReleased on: 2017-06-14Auto-generated by YouTube.

08:38 AM - Apr 23, 2024
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
🤣🤣🤣

I love Cordelia. She's so terrible at first, but they peel back layers & she grows into a true hero.

Of course I also love things like:

"I don’t want to interrupt your downward mobility. I just thought I’d tell you that ... gym has been canceled due to the EXTREME dead guy in the locker."
08:43 AM - Apr 23, 2024
T. Naught
A
you are thiiiiiis close to talking me into a rewatch 😂

it’s such a good show. for me it feels like a brilliant cocktail of crisp snarky humor, guilty pleasure teen angst, & actual good storytelling (as this piece elaborates)

like you say, we actually end up pretty invested in these characters!
08:05 AM - Apr 23, 2024
A
In response to T. Naught.
Do IT, do IT, do IT! 😀
08:11 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Jen The Muse
A
Agree fully. Love this show.
07:29 AM - Apr 23, 2024
A
In response to Jen The Muse.
I think for me it comes down to the characters. Even when the situations are ridiculous, the characters feel grounded, & how they act/react to situations lines up with who we know they are as individuals, because the writers treat them as real people facing complex problems, making tough choices 🍿
07:33 AM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}