Melody Pond (they/them)
A
Gonna suggest a feature to censor spoilers in your own spouts so people have to actively click on them to see them. Think that’s a thing on… discord? Reddit, maybe?

Seriously hoping that’s a thing already in the works 🤞
02:05 PM - Apr 23, 2024
RA
A
In response to Melody Pond (they/them).
In the olden days, we would write the spoiler in the same color font as the background, so users could only read it by highlighting the text. 👵

There might be a quick way to implement that feature.
02:08 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
In response to RA.
That would be cool, but I would wonder if that would mesh with different modes (I use dark mode), also wouldn’t limit spoilers for anyone using a screen reader, I expect 🤔
02:13 PM - Apr 23, 2024
RA
A
Considering the top level bugs and features Bouzy's small development team is currently working on, I don't think such a narrow use case will get any attention right now, but the light/dark mode isn't an issue for implementation. The fonts are already different colors.
02:15 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
In response to RA.
Probably, but they’d definitely still read for anyone with a screen reader, so would still need to be labeled as spoilers by users in a prior spout. That would be when the ability to add words to a list to ignore would come in handy. Also the ability to black out spoilers like I mentioned would ⤵️
02:20 PM - Apr 23, 2024
RA
A
People with screen readers aren't accidentally seeing things down the timeline though. Writing out "spoilers" with multiple ellipses would give them time to stop the reader to avoid spoilers, I would think.
02:22 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
In response to RA.
I have accidentally read spoilers bc people will just blurt them out with no labels whatsoever in their spouts, & my screen reader is set to 3.8x. I have fluctuating conditions w my sight, & sometimes I have to use screen reader if I want to interact but mostly avoid bc reasons like that
02:29 PM - Apr 23, 2024
RA
A
Is there punctuation that slows down the reader? Maybe we could recommend people use emojis as a buffer to spoilers? I know those are annoying af because of how long they take to read...could maybe use that for good.
02:31 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Melody Pond (they/them)
A
I’d just do like I did. Make a thread, label spoiler in 1st spout, & as a header in each successive spout. I hadn’t thought about threaded spouts possibly showing up elsewhere or I wouldn’t have written my spout at all. But there’s multiple annoying ways to ruin spouts for screen readers incl emojis
In response to RA.
02:36 PM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}