Michael Kelly
A
New here. From Post as well. Like the site.
11:13 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Anita Xanax
A
In response to Michael Kelly.
Me too... enjoy the ads (I've seen some super inappropriate stuff) a shock to the system of Posties
09:32 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Grandma Sharon
A
In response to Anita Xanax.
The ads are a relatively recent addition here. I pretty much ignore them, although some are definitely cringe-worthy.
09:41 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Anita Xanax
A
In response to Grandma Sharon.
Yeah, this wasn't cringeworthy, it was obscene. It had a row of Asian women on top of a fast food counter with their legs spread (pic cut off right above) and titled something about "Japanese women...." I'm pissed I didn't get a screenshot. SUPER offputting for newbies!
05:11 PM - Apr 23, 2024

Only accounts this user (BattleFuzz) follows can see their posts

Dave
A
In response to BattleFuzz.
You can click on the little thing on the right side of the ad and flag it as inappropriate.

Also, I have seen a ton of ads, but none like the one you’ve described. Mine are for comedians and video games.
01:05 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Anita Xanax
A
In response to BattleFuzz.
Which is why I'm reconsidering Spoutible. I left the bird site to avoid negative shit while scrolling. I don't need that
10:11 AM - Apr 24, 2024
hal
A
Ads are blocked on my phone.
12:55 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Sarah Apfel
A
Yes, ads are annoying, some are even rude / inappropriate. But Spoutible is pretty much funded by C. Bouzy, who is a successful tech guy but doesn't have the funds that, say, the founder of Waze does. Tho 100s of users, myself included, have also become small investors, the ad revenue is needed.
01:00 PM - Apr 24, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}