Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
My son introduced me to a term I'd never heard before, but captures "mad and militaristic" so well - big fuck-you truck.

What awful, cynical times we live in. I miss the space age and the wonderful, corny, optimism it brought.
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd @DrXVI
I think I like the Corvairs because their designs were made in a different time. A time of looking toward a future and seeing, mostly, positivity. Spaceage and robots and leisure. Now cars are built to look mad and militaristic. We've lost perspective. Digital life doesn't provide tactile emotion.
10:48 AM - Apr 23, 2024
12:25 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to Chris Young (he/his/him).
I have a big, Chevy Silverado. But I won’t buy any of these new types. They are more expensive and have less features. I’m buying old classics” from here on out.
06:06 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
Right! I used to look at trucks and see utility, not hostility. In fact, I owned a Ford Ranger back in the day when they were actually small.
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
06:14 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to Chris Young (he/his/him).
Utility! My family always had a truck. If all things went to hell, we could haul if we needed to. It was for work. I used mine for years to move my equipment from gig to gig. But now? I doubt most trucks I see haul anything. I doubt they've even helped a pal move!
06:33 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Chris Young (he/his/him)
A
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
Mine helped me move in with my now-wife. That's why I got it. When it came time to get another vehicle after that, I got a car because I didn't really need to haul stuff anymore and I needed something better in the snow.

But I loved that old truck.
06:47 PM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}