Puckarama
A
My wife is at a high school softball game of a good friend’s daughter and sent me this! I’m fucking dying!
In fairness, my wife was a hell of an athlete and is in unreal shape but still.
And I have thoughts for another time on fitness level of kids these days . . .
08:59 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rosetta
A
1/2 As a person born in the late 50s my siblings and I, well as our friends, weren’t allowed to stay in the house all day and watch t.v. We were expected, after chores completed, to gi and stay outside until time to come in for dinner. We ran, jumped, played ball, and all other types of games the
In response to Puckarama.
09:57 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Rosetta.
To be fair, this was during a period when most households had a parent or other responsible adult at home, which allowed kids to be outdoors & play more freely than today. I'm a feminist & fully support education & careers for women, but we've done a terrible job of replacing that care for kids.
10:08 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
And we can't even keep children safe from gun violence in their schools, so now they stay inside on screens.
10:13 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
1/2 You make a great point. Your last thought though is the same reason that the patriarchy system is arguing that women stay out of the workplace & remain at home. My mother & majority of my friends’ moms worked. It was not common during this time for Black women to be stay at home moms.
10:23 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to Rosetta.
2/2 entire day. It saddens me that today the average American child spends the majority of their waking time sitting in front of a screen and has extremely little physical activity.
09:58 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Puckarama
A
In response to Rosetta.
As a coach and personal trainer it kills me. There are some other pressures related to sport itself. Regardless, it does not bode well for the future health of the Youngs.
10:02 PM - Apr 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}