Mary Locker
A
I want to re-write the current Phryne Fisher book by Kerry Greenwood. After years of loving everything about the series, I can't accept how off the mark the current book is. Is has so many mistakes and glitches in the continuity. It's like it went to press without an editor. So very disappointing.
Drea @DreaVilleneuve
Q4: Writers, or want to be writers, or not writers but with an opinion - have you ever read a book you wanted to rewrite for any reason? #SpoutAbout #Books
09:55 PM - Apr 24, 2024
10:40 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Cheryl Harrington
A
In response to Mary Locker.
That's disappointing. I've loved that series and was thinking I should get back into it. Have you read her Corinna Chapman series? I've been enjoying that, too.
10:52 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Mary Locker
A
In response to Cheryl Harrington.
Love Corinna. According to her Facebook page, Greenwood is working on both another Phryne and a new Corinna.
10:53 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Mary Locker
A
In response to Cheryl Harrington.
Where did you stop in the Phryne series?
10:54 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Drea
A
In response to Mary Locker.
I feel this. I've been into some series and it starts to feel like they should have ended it but the publisher wants to push the formula some more. I've ended up donating them because it's disappointing to lose direction that way.
10:46 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Mary Locker
A
In response to Drea.
I'm hoping this is a one time problem. Greenwood is writing another Phryne and a new Corinna Chapman as well. I really want to love them. I know she had been ill, so I'm hoping she hasn't completely lost the thread. There are other authors I've quit because they became too dark and violent for me.
10:51 PM - Apr 24, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}