AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
The New York Times would like you to know that Trump respects women.

I fucking hate it here so much. I hope the NYT and Trump both rot in hell for eternity. #MeToo #BelieveHer #FuckTrump #FuckTheNewYorkTimes
01:09 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Dave
A
In response to AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn.
That’s more of an Onion headline than a NYT headline. Or at least it should be. Or perhaps it belongs in the national enquirer next to a story about Big Foot.
11:53 AM - Apr 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Dave.
And yet, it's been posted by a mainstream news outlet.
11:55 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Diogenes Wept
A
For so long as the deference to men's comfort exists, we cannot turn our eyes away from the shit-spewing, feather-bedded template of their narrative. We have to see it, and call it out for the nasty, self-serving framing it provides, and the pervasive havoc it wrecks.
11:34 AM - Apr 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Diogenes Wept.
100 percent yes. I understand that my actions may cause discomfort for some, but I am committed to doing what I can for as long as I am able. It is precisely because of this discomfort that I feel compelled to act.
11:37 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Truscha Quatrone
A
Stop reading the NY Times, they are a biased news outlet.
05:40 AM - Apr 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Truscha Quatrone.
I suspect you mean well, but I'm begging you to resist the urge to tell me where to point my focus. Everything I write is optional reading for you. If you don’t think it matters, don’t read it.
11:22 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Robin Schwartz
A
Just like Picard being tortured until he says there are 5 lights (there are only 4), the NY Times is trying to gaslight women with what we KNOW is a lie. And I say that as someone who once wrote for them -- until they completely reversed the premise of my piece because it didn't fit their agenda.
01:51 AM - Apr 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Robin Schwartz.
Thank you my friend. This is it exactly and why we have to keep talking about it. The urge to just turn away is strong and I'm grateful for those like you who are continuing to push this in the faces of those who seem not to care.
11:25 AM - Apr 25, 2024
RA
A
This headline should 💯 be: MOST MEN WRONG ABOUT TRUMP
01:14 AM - Apr 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to RA.
Or: Men are ok with raping women and looking the other way.
11:25 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
Strictly speaking, the Times is not saying Trump respects women, at least not from the headline (I won't click their paywalled links). They're saying most men say it-which is probably true.

Their fault is in portraying men's misogyny vs womens' awareness of misogyny as equally valid perspectives
01:11 AM - Apr 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I don't much care what they're saying when the headline says that. It's click bait; I get it. It's also overtly claiming men are ok with the continued rape and assault of women.
11:26 AM - Apr 25, 2024
AprilG Xn+2 = Xn+1 + Xn
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
That is literally what the headline says. They may backpedal in the article, but the headline is pretty clear.
11:54 AM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}