Kelpie in Spring
A
The world is making me sad today (more than usual). I need some sad music recommendations so I can just soak in the sadness for a bit (kind of like having a good cry).
09:42 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
In response to Kelpie in Spring.
On the surface a happy ditty, The Kinks' "Better Things" tears my heart right out of my chest sometimes. In the good way... https://www.youtube.com/wa...
The Kinks - Better Things (Audio) - YouTube

#TheKinks60 #TheKinks #TheJourneyThe Kinks are launching a 60th Anniversary Celebration of their illustrious musical career, confirming their vital importanc...

11:06 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Kelpie in Spring
A
How have I never heard this song?! It’s a bop! Definitely adding to one of my happier playlists. Thanks!
11:11 PM - Apr 25, 2024
A
In response to Kelpie in Spring.
It really can be a bop, but it's also one that sometimes hits me HARD and just about kills me. Imagine singing that through overwhelming sobbing - there's something in the tremolo of his voice at points that belies how sunny the melody first appears. Through that prism, this song can be devastating.
11:16 PM - Apr 25, 2024
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
@KelpiePellegrin all that depressing crap said, though, the WORDS are genuine and beautiful and do pierce the darkness, even when it's overwhelming. So it's a good song that way. It can mean so much. And it can be a fantastic summer, windows down, driving song too.
11:17 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Kelpie in Spring
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
I definitely feel that.
11:17 PM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}