Kelpie in Spring
A
The world is making me sad today (more than usual). I need some sad music recommendations so I can just soak in the sadness for a bit (kind of like having a good cry).
09:42 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
In response to Kelpie in Spring.
On the surface a happy ditty, The Kinks' "Better Things" tears my heart right out of my chest sometimes. In the good way... https://www.youtube.com/wa...
The Kinks - Better Things (Audio) - YouTube

#TheKinks60 #TheKinks #TheJourneyThe Kinks are launching a 60th Anniversary Celebration of their illustrious musical career, confirming their vital importanc...

11:06 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Kelpie in Spring
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
How have I never heard this song?! It’s a bop! Definitely adding to one of my happier playlists. Thanks!
11:11 PM - Apr 25, 2024
A
It really can be a bop, but it's also one that sometimes hits me HARD and just about kills me. Imagine singing that through overwhelming sobbing - there's something in the tremolo of his voice at points that belies how sunny the melody first appears. Through that prism, this song can be devastating.
In response to Kelpie in Spring.
11:16 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Kelpie in Spring
A
I definitely feel that.
11:17 PM - Apr 25, 2024
A
@KelpiePellegrin all that depressing crap said, though, the WORDS are genuine and beautiful and do pierce the darkness, even when it's overwhelming. So it's a good song that way. It can mean so much. And it can be a fantastic summer, windows down, driving song too.
11:17 PM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}