Beth Dee
A
Took a trip to the ER last night. I’m fine... this spout has a different point. I was asked about age, height, weight and then … what was the date of your last period? Nope. I’m not answering reproductive questions in a country that can’t protect my privacy. She was shocked but I made my point.
12:52 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Cheryl Colan
A
In response to Beth Dee.
I don’t either
09:47 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Kate Head
A
In response to Beth Dee.
It’s not uncommon to be asked that but we should be asking why they need that info and how it’s related to your visit. Women didn’t have to worry about this as lotus’s a year ago. We need blue tsunami in November. 💙
09:33 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Pam I
A
In response to Beth Dee.
Glad you are ok...
09:53 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Kate Head
A
In response to Pam I.
Me too
09:26 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Kathy Ann
A
In response to Beth Dee.
When the course of treatment doesn’t require an answer to that question all women should refuse to answer. Or at the minimum, ask why that information is necessary. Glad you are okay.
07:21 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Beth Dee.
1. I hope you're ok!
2. IME they also ask if I could possibly be pregnant, only to discover afterward I'd been tested regardless of my response.
01:33 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Eljay Sixty
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Former ER nurse here: Many radiology tests and medications can’t be done/given to pregnant women. Std of care is knowing pregnancy status of the patient. Pregnancy tests are routine for child bearing age women and don’t require special permission in the ER. Grateful to live in Michigan.
04:50 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Beth Dee
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Thx for concern. I am fine. @Eljay60 makes a good point re: pregnancy tests. I understand the need to know. I also believe we need to question what info we give up. If an AG in any state can subpoena any person’s records for persecution none of us are safe. So, politely push back when safe to do so.
06:20 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Nefarious Newt
A
In response to Beth Dee.
Glad you're OK. *hugs*
12:55 PM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}