Beth Dee
A
Took a trip to the ER last night. I’m fine... this spout has a different point. I was asked about age, height, weight and then … what was the date of your last period? Nope. I’m not answering reproductive questions in a country that can’t protect my privacy. She was shocked but I made my point.
12:52 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Beth Dee.
1. I hope you're ok!
2. IME they also ask if I could possibly be pregnant, only to discover afterward I'd been tested regardless of my response.
01:33 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Eljay Sixty
A
Former ER nurse here: Many radiology tests and medications can’t be done/given to pregnant women. Std of care is knowing pregnancy status of the patient. Pregnancy tests are routine for child bearing age women and don’t require special permission in the ER. Grateful to live in Michigan.
In response to Annie Bee Good.
04:50 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Eljay Sixty.
To a degree, I can appreciate and agree.
But also, my sterilization procedure is in my medical record and my statement was clearly given and radiology wasn't involved.
11:14 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Beth Dee
A
In response to Eljay Sixty.
Thx! I believe we need to raise awareness on what info we provide given the fact that AGs in some states are working to obtain records for all kinds of shenanigans. We have a right to privacy, healthcare workers have a right to be informed, but privacy rights are kinda ‘sus’ right now in any state.
06:13 PM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}