Rosetta
A
This year is the 50th anniversary where women were legally allowed to have credit cards in their name. I had just begun my senior year in high school. First they take away your reproductive rights. Next it will be our financial rights. Let that sink in when you go to vote.
04:52 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Mindy!!!
A
In response to Rosetta.
It reminds me of Handmaid's Tale. The book anyway. All the women discovered they couldn't access their accounts or cards for any money without a man's approval. That's where it started.
11:55 PM - May 03, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to Mindy!!!.
I thought the same thing. Ironic how what happened in that television series/book is beginning to come to fruition unless we do something about it.
11:59 PM - May 03, 2024 (Edited)
CPfromCA
A
In response to Rosetta.
Every time I hear a story about the fuckwads trying to take EVEN MORE of our reproductive rights away, I think about this.
And it's not just with credit cards.
How long before the Christofacists are going to want to take away my condo, because it isn't in some man's name?
03:30 PM - May 02, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to CPfromCA.
It won’t be long before they attempt to take away our financial rights. I was in high school when women obtained the right to open a bank account in their own name. Prior to that women had to have a man (didn’t even have to be related) co-sign on the account otherwise they couldn’t have it.
03:50 PM - May 02, 2024
Calypso Rising
A
In response to Rosetta.
I was a practicing lawyer and couldn’t get a credit card because I was a female and single. I remember those days. I am not going back - not without a fight
02:45 PM - Apr 27, 2024
KLFDetroit
A
In response to Rosetta.
I keep a baseball bat and a hundred and ten pound german shepherd. I do not trust.
11:14 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Jasmine DuBois
A
In response to Rosetta.
What's sad is there's sone women out there who'd be ok with that
09:37 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to Jasmine DuBois.
Precisely!
10:42 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Rosetta.
Why mince words? The end goal is take it ALL away for women...piece by piece by piece. Anyone who thinks that they'll be the exception is frankly a fool. So let's fuck up their plans.
09:35 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Dinah Shore
A
In response to Rosetta.
They will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands!
We don't use credit cards. We use debit cards. This is our choice. If we don't have the funds, we don't buy it. We are not wealthy, but we have enough. No judgement for others.
09:35 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Rosetta.
The R-wing wants all women to be nothing more than 'maids with benefits'.

Nope. We're not going back.
09:25 AM - Apr 27, 2024
DaveWithBees
A
In response to Rosetta.
Um, you sure you’re going to be able to vote?
07:52 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Beth Noble Ahlstedt
A
In response to Rosetta.
I was 19 in '74. I worked in Boston and would often shop at Jordan Marsh where I got my 1st credit card. Jordan Marsh eventually became Macy's. I was really sad about Jordan Marsh going south, but I now have a Macy's card. My mother had to wait until she was 48 yrs. old to get a credit card.
07:18 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Sally W
A
In response to Beth Noble Ahlstedt.
Macy’s was my first credit card in 1976. Sears refused me. Over many years I never went back to Sears.
10:54 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Lori Capron
B
In response to Rosetta.
Welcome to Hand Maids Tale!
We must save ourselves...
Vote Blue
09:05 PM - Apr 26, 2024
WhalingOutLoud
A
In response to Rosetta.
All I can think these days is "we fought for equality" ... "Meh, at least we fought and won the pockets in our pants fight". /s
08:59 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to WhalingOutLoud.
😂😂😂
09:05 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Linda Careaga
A
In response to WhalingOutLoud.
Not completely. I was shopping this morning and grinding my teeth at the pants with no pockets. I guess I’ll just keep wearing Skecher’s Go Walk pants because they have 2 side pockets & 2 back pockets!
01:00 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Carol
B
In response to Rosetta.
I was turned down for a credit card in 1971 even though I had a professional job and my husband was unemployed. Also turned down for a mortgage in 1975 even though my salary was almost double my husband’s salary. Even when we were successful, our income was ignored for credit purposes.
08:27 PM - Apr 26, 2024
KLFDetroit
A
In response to Carol.
I hear you loud and clear.The same thing pretty much happened to me. The kicker was when the mortgage guy said.Write out loud you could get pregnant.
11:13 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Kathleen F789
A
In response to Rosetta.
This is pretty incredible. But I also recall getting ready to go on a all-inclusive trip, and the flight attendant was not going to let me get on the plane because I had kept my maiden name, and it was for married couples only. My in-laws traveled with us and had to vouch for me, a grown woman.
08:07 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to Kathleen F789.
Women haven’t had equality for very long. I think many of the younger women don’t realize that fact.
08:09 PM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}