TinaG
A
first easy road run (I mean, barely a jog...) after a pretty big knee injury! felt dece tho cardio needs some work. nice to get some sun & sweat.

missed those happy brain chemicals. did you get some time outside today?
07:45 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Michael Raz
A
In response to TinaG.
Must feel great to be back at it! Beautiful view (maybe a down side dealing with the hills)
07:49 PM - Mar 15, 2023
TinaG
A
In response to Michael Raz.
so great!

truth, we have steep valleys so very little flat land around here. hard to ease into things.

I'd rather be on an alpine trail but flat quiet highway in the sun is ok for now while the snow melts and the knee gets strong. :)
07:53 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Michael Raz
A
In response to TinaG.
My wife is the Ultra runner & did the half UTMB a few years ago. Difficulty with training is we have no really long continuous climbed here in Ottawa. Lots of great, tough trails but not what you need for something like UTMB or OCC. take care of the injury!
08:11 PM - Mar 15, 2023
TinaG
A
that's super impressive, well done her.

yeah, that's tough - need to come out west for distance hill training! :) I'm lucky (?) I've got 24km straight climb almost no flats 5 min from home if you're into that kinda thing. I prefer trails you can drive up to an alpine start and skip the bs lol.
08:32 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Michael Raz
A
We’ve been out west a few times for races, hiking and Orienteering Championships. Like u I love the alpine trails. Switzerland was amazing.
In response to TinaG.
08:39 PM - Mar 15, 2023
TinaG
A
I've never been but hear it's just amazing.

Had an alpine running trip through the Atlas mountains in Morocco planned that got cancelled with covid, hoping to get there soon.

My favourite place for alpine running is Jasper. I lived there for a few years, it was perfect. Just very cold.
08:47 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Michael Raz
A
In response to TinaG.
Morocco would be amazing! Hope you get to reschedule. All our family trips from the time our boys were kids has been for running and/orienteering events mix with exploring and sightseeing! Portugal last yr for the Junior World Orienteering Champs (our youngest was on the Cnd team).
09:02 PM - Mar 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}