Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
In this article, the author points out the CEO of Post News barley used the platform; I had no idea. She did have some positive comments regarding Spoutible, but also repeated the false narrative we handle our security incident poorly. The majority of our users would disagree with that assessment.
08:28 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
We patched the vulnerability, notified our users, and held a Pod within 12 hours of being notified. We partnered with two security companies within 30 days of the incident. I am not sure how we could've handle it better.
08:38 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ernie Smith
A
I certainly have seen worse messaging from other networks and CEOs over the years. But when I asked people elsewhere if they had been using Spoutible one user said this incident discouraged them from taking part.

However, I have a friend in the space who is a fan. So take from that what you will.
In response to Ernie Smith.
10:25 AM - Apr 27, 2024 (Edited)
E Z
A
The ownership and management of @spoutible is repeatedly held to a (coughs) higher standard and expectation.
& social media first strikes require a lot of water to douse them before reality and calm take hold once again.
11:12 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!
A
Any security incident is not good news for the subject of it. But how the media chooses to cover something is not in the control of the subject being reported about. I as a user was concerned. But I read about it & the response and was satisfied. As a pgmr , I would’ve been embarrassed & scared.
10:58 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ernie Smith
A
Whatever the case, messaging is a complex thing, especially around security, and companies across the board struggle with it. Fact of matter.
10:29 AM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}